Helpful tips for you to navigate the Directory successfully
1. Signing up
If you registered for the 2019 World Forum by March 13, 2019, you should have received an email from “World Forum Delegate Directory” at [email protected] with your username and password.
If you did not register prior to March 13, 2019, click the “sign up now” button, and follow the instructions to create your account and log in.
2. Updating your profile
- Click “profile” along the top navigation bar. Once you get to your profile page, change your profile and cover photos.
- Edit your personal information. It is incredibly important to take time to edit your profile information. You will build your network by searching and connecting with people based on the information you provide in your profile. For example, if you are a sponsor, but don’t check the “World Forum Sponsor” box, you will not be included in any World Forum Sponsor communication that goes on.
3. Adding Friends
- Click “Members” in top navigation bar and add friends.
- In the upper right-hand corner, change the dropdown menu to “alphabetical” to see all Delegate Directory members
- Add as many friends as you like!
4. Inviting Friends to Groups
- Click “Groups” in the upper right hand menu, or in your profile personal navigation bar.
- Choose the group you want to invite a friend to.
- Check if they are already in the group by clicking “members” in the Groups navigation bar.
- If they are not in the group, click send invites in the personal navigation bar.
- Search for your friend or select members from the directory and click send invites.
5. Posting to the directory
- In your profile, click the “Activity” button in the personal navigation bar to see what your WF friends have been up to.
- On this page you can also post a status or comment that the rest of your Delegate Directory friends will see and be able to interact with.
- You can connect with someone directly by tagging them using the @ symbol. For example, if you have a question for Bonnie’s Global Café, type your question and tag The Café by putting @bgcafe at the end of your post.
- Click the navigation tabs along the top of the Activity Page to explore:
- i. Personal – All of your personal activity in one place
- ii. Mentions – All activity where someone tags you
- iii. Favorites – All activity that you have liked by clicking the ‘star’ symbol
- iv. Friends – Your Friends’ activity
- v. Groups – All activity within your groups
6. Posting to a forum within a group
- Once you have joined a group, find the group you’re interested in contacting and click the “Forum” button in the personal navigation bar
- SUBSCRIBE to the forum in order to see replies
- Create your new topic
- Submit your forum and wait for responses
- You can also respond to previous forums within your group
Check your notifications daily by clicking the “notifications” tab on the personal navigation bar within your profile
8. Check Activity Feed
Check your activity feed daily by clicking the “activity” tab on the personal navigation bar within your profile. The activity feed is provide you with detailed information as to how other delegates are using the World Forum Delegate Directory.
Click here to go back to the World Forum Website.